Parenting in the Age of Social Media
As parents it is our responsibility to help ensure our children’s safety online. How can you do that?
- Have conversations about social media use with your children from a young age
- Lead by example
- Ask your child about the apps and websites they want to use and check them out on www.commonsensemedia.org
- Set boundaries
- Talk about personal information and how your child can protect their information online
- Talk about the benefits and disadvantages of social media
- Talk to your child about gaming
- Talk about cyberbullying
- Act on warning signs
Please read the attachment ‘Talking to your child about the internet and social media: Youngminds’ guide for parents’ for more details on each of these steps.